Busy Rainy Days
In April, Ka Sabas said he needed rains to extinguish his thirst – body, heart and soul. But he said rain didn’t heed his prayer.
In May, Ka Sabas prayed for rains to irrigate his fields but rain played deaf-mute.
In June, Ka Sabas prayed harder and his prayers were granted in the last few days, but not so hard. What was good was it rained -it signified that the rainy season had come.
As a starter, I’d like to reprint my poem entitled “June” which was published in
my first book of poems entitled “Best 100 Poems in (English and Iluko”.
Yes, it’s June bride – the marriage (or union?!) of the dry and wet season. It’s the junction of short vacation and long strenuous days of classes.
Here it is my poem titled “June”.
She has opened herself – the Book./She unrolls/A disc of willing minds’ folders./June./She is ready for ken – the Book./She who, in crotch/Taught the ABC’s of life./June./That great teacher – the Book,/Now refines rough pages/With rolls of lessons./June./She has opened herself- the Book./How patiently she molds/In between the gray rains and sun’s rays.
It’s rainy days!
As they say, rainy days are the ultimate holidays that work struck individuals are looking for. Whether you are a high school teenager, a mom of two kids, a teacher, writer-poet or some other working personnel, a rainy day is like a boon to you.
“We all know how busy everybody is in today’s world and taking a break or applying for a leave is considered a serious crime in many sectors especially if you want a break to spend some quality personal time with yourself. When that is the case with most of the people rainy days are the only free days you get in your life when you can actually stay at home and do all the fun things that you have always wanted to do,” says one creative writer-worker.
Everyone has a work to do during rainy rains. Everyone has a fun or unfunny or serious to do during rainy days.
But for Ka Sabas, these rainy days these are the following things just to have another set of experiences just to while or kill the rainy times or moments of one’s life.
- Rainy days are the best days to write unfinished articles and compose rainy poems.
- If you are a good writer but have been too busy to write anything new then a rainy day would a good time to create some new prose or poem and feel good about it.
- A lot of people also love to spend the whole day relaxing and doing nothing and just watching TV. Spending the whole on your couch in front of your TV eating finger foods and some wine can be pretty relaxing especially if you have a very stressful job.
- This one is not enjoyable but if your room is a mess – it’s full of books, newspapers, etc – then you have to sort out the things and put in the wastebasket the unimportant items. After your work, you can relax for a while and take a little nap.
- If you have extra money, you can have a neighborhood friend party on a rainy day.
- As one suggested, you can sit down with your partner or family or alone and take a look at all your old photographs and have a wonderful time walking down the memory lane.
- If you are a health freak then have a healthy and relaxing day by doing yoga. You can do all sorts of indoor exercises.
- Taking a long deep nap is also a good idea especially if you get less sleep due to your stressful work. A lot of people prefer this option over everything else.
- As I see in one place, if you live alone with your pet then playing with your pet and teaching it new tricks is a great way to spend time.
- If you are a workaholic and free time is not really your thing then you can simply involve yourself in your work projects, etc.
- Cuddle up in your bed with a cup of hot coffee and some of your favorite snacks.
- Sit by a window sill with a hot beverage, some snacks, read a magazine, newspaper or a book and watch the rain fall hard against the glass. Hide behind the curtain if you have to, it feels wonderful and you feel like you are in a different magical world.
- Rainy days are also a good day to catch up with your long-lost friends. Open your Facebook and exchange messages with your friends.
- As one suggested: “This one is for the ladies, have a conference call with your girlfriends and discuss the latest hot gossips of the town mixed with a little boys talk.”
- If you are an artist: Painting, drawing, sketching are a few creative things that you can do in your free time on a rainy day.
- And this is another request: “If you wish to do something romantic on a rainy day then have a simple yet sexy candle light dinner with your partner including home cooked meal and some nice wine.”
- And this too is for the lovers: “Watch a horror movie with your girlfriend and let her cling on to you in the scary scenes. Perfect day!”
- And for the interior-decorator-oriented person: Do some interior decoration in your house. Hang more pictures, change positions of your furniture, etc.
- Call your official masseur and relax.
- Call your official manicurist and then have a chitchat while your nails are being cleaned.
- Call your girlfriend and have a lovely lunch or dinner.
- Call your boyfriend and renew your contract.
- As one writer suggested: “Last but not the least, just relax and do nothing if you feel like it. Just chatting and catching up with people you love is definitely a worthy idea to spend your free time too.”